Perth Airport recognises the importance of maintaining and enhancing the quality of the environment. Perth Airport's commitment to sound environmental management is put in practice through:
- Implementation of the Environment Strategy 2009-2014
- Ongoing environmental monitoring
- Reporting of progress against environmental commitments
- Follow up of environmental incidents
- Conservation and enhancement of natural vegetation within conservation areas.
- Environmental regulation at Perth Airport is through the Airports Act 1996, the Airports (Environmental
- Protection) Regulations 1997, and the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
The Airport Environment Officer (AEO) is responsible for administering the Airports (Environmental Protection) Regulations 1997. The AEO, a Department of Infrastucture, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government Services employee, is on-site for 32 hours per week.
Perth Airport Pty Ltd is a responsible and proactive member of the local community and is committed to providing clear and accurate representation of relevant environmental issues at Perth Airport. This is achieved through ongoing consultation and communication with the local community, regulatory authorities, the AEO and Perth Airport staff.
The Perth Airport Environmental Consultation Group provides a forum for Perth Airport to meet with external stakeholders, including representatives from conservation and catchment groups, the AEO, and State and Local Government officers.
Perth Airport’s Environment Strategy 2009-2014 was approved by the Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government, Hon Anthony Albanese MP on 15 September 2009.
A free electronic copy of the final Environment Strategy is available by clicking here.
Hard copies are available for inspection and purchase by members of the public during normal office hours at Perth Airport Offices, Level 2, 2 George Wiencke Drive, Perth Airport or upon written request, a CD of the Environment Strategy will be mailed.