Named for the gold jackets they wear, our 'Gold Coat' ambassadors offer assistance in the terminals and a friendly welcome to Perth.
We have a dedicated group of over 90 volunteer Ambassadors who deliver exemplary customer service and reflect the warm welcoming nature of Western Australians.
The Perth Airport Ambassador Program is a very popular volunteer program and we currently have a waiting list of applicants. Volunteer recruitment will only occur as vacancies become available, however, due to the large number of applicants on the waiting list, we are currently not accepting any new applications at this time.
The role of an Ambassador includes:
Providing a friendly welcome and farewell to passengers and visitors in all terminals by:
- Helping to make each passenger’s journey smooth, stress-free and enjoyable.
- Providing information and direction about Perth Airport’s services and facilities.
- Providing language assistance
- Ambassadors are rostered on 21 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Each shift is four to five hours long.
- Shifts commence at 5.00am and continue through until 2.00am.
We ask that volunteer Ambassadors:
- Commit to the program for at least 12 months.
- Commit to at least one four-hour shift per week.
- Attend an initial two-day orientation and training session.
- Attend further training as required.
Volunteer Ambassadors should:
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have previous customer service experience.
- Have an active email account which is checked on a regular basis.
- Have access to and basic knowledge of the internet.
- Be able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Have a welcoming smile, outgoing and friendly personality.
- Be reliable and dedicated to the program.
- Perform the physical aspects of the role.
- Have the ability to respond calmly in emergency situations.
- Enjoy working with people of all cultures and ethnic groups.
- Possess a 'can-do' attitude.
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Be part of a professional team and organisation.
- Enjoy a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Meet new people and make friends who have similar interests.
- Orientation, training and manual provided.
- Free parking while on duty.
- Volunteer recognition events.