Our new safety measures
We have introduced extra measures to help keep you safe while you travel through our terminals.
Update: Masks must be worn at Perth Airport. This includes in the car park, terminal buses, forecourts and terminals.
- You need to bring your own mask to the airport.
- On departure, please put on your mask when you exit your vehicle and throughout your journey, unless required for security screening or an applicable exemption.
- On arrival into Perth, please keep your mask on after you disembark the aircraft until you have returned to your vehicle, or if you are required to quarantine, until you return to your quarantine accommodation. Don’t forget to let your driver know if you are required to quarantine as they will need to wear a mask as well.
- You can still enjoy a coffee, drink or bite to eat provided you are seated and put your mask back on as soon as you’ve finished.
- Children under the age of 12 are exempt.
For more information, visit the WA Government website:
- FAQs: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/face-masks-frequently-asked-questions
- Directions (includes exceptions): https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/airport-transportation-face-mask-directions
- Department of Health face mask information: https://www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus/Face-masks
For more supplies, the following outlets have masks available:
TRAVELsafe Essentials packs are available to purchase exclusively at Amcal (available at T1D, T2 pop-up, T4, as well as in vending machines throughout the terminals). The packs include surgical masks, anti-bacterial surface wipes, hand sanitiser and tissues to help keep you safe on your travels.
Amcal - T1D, T2 pop-up, T4
Relay – T2 , T3
WHSmith – T1D, T2, T4
Vending machines – throughout terminals
Our cleaners are working around the clock to sanitise our terminals, car parks and transfer buses (where operating) particularly high touch areas including handrails, trolleys, screening areas and washrooms. Our security trays are also regularly sterilised with a long-lasting antimicrobial disinfectant for your protection.
Hand sanitiser stations
Hand sanitiser stations have been installed across our terminals including touchless stations.
To ensure contact is kept to a minimum, protective screens have been installed at the check-in desks at T2, T3 and T4. Remember you can also check in online with most airlines and avoid the queues.
We have implemented physical distancing reminders throughout the terminals with signs, floor markings and public announcements to help guide you.
We recommend paying by card where you can, and all of our retail outlets accept contactless payments. Don’t forget to download the Perth Airport app to check your flight, book your parking and to receive up-to-date notifications.
Did you know that if you book your parking online, your licence plate will be recognised on arrival and a ticket will automatically be issued at the boom gate - further reducing contact and avoiding queues at pay machines.