Perth Airport has started an exciting new project to improve the drop-off/pick-up area and provide new parking options at Terminal 3 and Terminal 4.
The project will cut congestion on approach to the terminals, extend the drop-off/pick-up forecourt area, and increase the parking capacity and options available.
The works will deliver:
- An expanded Premium parking area with 200 additional undercover bays close to the terminals’ front doors
- A new short-term area of 500 parks at the western end of the existing short term car park with discounted pricing. This area will be convenient for those wanting to access the T3 International terminal
- A new undercover parking option for long term parkers using part of the existing Long Term B car park, which is a short walk to the terminals
- 20 new bays along the drop-off/pick-up area, along with improved signage to direct motorists to available pick / drop off bays
- A new Express pick-up/drop-off management system for the T3/4 forecourt (similar to the successful T2 system which has reduced the number of vehicles overstaying by nearly 70 per cent) to reduce overstays and cut congestion
- Traffic lights to replace the current pedestrian crossing lights, improving pedestrian safety and traffic flow
The construction works be staged and is scheduled to be completed by June 2023.
Image credit: Nearmap
Perth Airport is committed to a net loss of biodiversity for all its project developments.