Grandchildren, Guinness and all the trimmings
Come Christmas day, Niall’s house will be full of gregarious children and the aromas of a traditional roast dinner.
With at least 15 family members and grandchildren aged between 2 and 15 years old, Christmas is a big occasion at Niall’s place.
A former commercial traveller, Niall now prefers to stay local, especially over the festive season. “I can’t think of any good reason for not staying in Perth – it has everything I want.”
While most of his immediate family also live in WA, sometimes Niall’s brother in Ireland will come to visit for some sunshine over the holiday season.
Are you picking up family from the airport this Christmas?
- December is the busiest month for travel, so be sure to get to the terminal early.
- Are you going to wait in the car or meet them in the terminal? Use these tips to plan your pick-up.
- Here’s some useful info about meeting and greeting at the airport.
- Use the Perth Airport app for live updates on their flight status.
- Make time to see the Aussie-themed Christmas decorations.
- If you’re at the airport on 21 – 24 December, between 1-4pm, you might be lucky enough to spot Santa roaming around the terminals! Bring along the little ones (and big kids) for free candy canes.
- You may also hear live carol singers, if your loved ones are landing or leaving on the dates listed below. Stick around and enjoy the festive tunes!
|23 Dec||5-8pm||Outside, near boab tree|
|T1 Domestic||23 Dec||12-3pm||Check-in area|
|Near baggage claim|