“Christmas is about the joy it brings my kids”
As a father of three, James’ Christmas inevitably starts at the crack of dawn.
On Christmas Eve, James’ three children lay out a glass of milk for Santa, as well as carrots for the reindeer. The next morning, they wake up bursting with excitement and race to get their parents out of bed.
Typically, the family head down to the beach on Christmas morning, before preparing some food for lunch.
This year, they plan to spend the day with James’ wife’s family and boxing day with his family.
“The kids muck around in the pool with their cousins, while we get the food ready and have a few drinks,” says James.
Their Christmas feast typically involves a lot of seafood – crayfish, prawns – as well as turkey, ham and all the trimmings.
James admits he usually ends up “feeling pretty stuffed” and tends to doze off on the couch in the late afternoon.
“It’s a big day for us!” he says.
Are you travelling with kids over the festive season?
- Packing the car, rounding up the kids, remembering everyone's passports... getting everyone to the airport can be chaotic! Book your parking online to have one less thing to worry about on the day.
- Top tip: children eat for free at Long Neck Public House in T1 International.*
- Make time to show your little ones the Christmas decorations, especially the Boab tree at T1 International, ground floor forecourt.
- You might be lucky to spot Aussie Santa If you’re travelling in Terminal 1 between Thursday 19 and Tuesday 24 December (1-4pm each day) – he’ll be giving away candy canes too!
- If you’re travelling between Thursday 19th and Tuesday 24th December, you may hear Christmas carols reverberating around the terminals.
- Get your Christmas shopping done and dusted – duty-free and stress-free! Shop duty free
- Start your holiday early by enjoying festive food and drinks before your flight.
- Check out some more top tips for travelling with children.
|23 Dec||5-8pm||Outside, near boab tree|
|T1 Domestic||23 Dec||12-3pm||Check-in area|
|Near baggage claim|
However you celebrate, Merry Christmas from Perth Airport.