What to expect when you fly next
Ready to #wanderoutyonder in Western Australia but not quite sure what to expect when travelling by air? Prepare for your next WA adventure here.
At the airport
We've implemented new measures to help keep you safe when you travel through Perth Airport. These include enhanced cleaning and the introduction of hand sanitiser stations, protective screens, and physical distancing reminders. We encourage you to use contactless options where possible including booking parking online, checking in online or via your airline app, and using tap & go to pay in stores.
Our cafés, restaurants and shops are opening up with varied trading hours, mainly around flight departures. See where you can shop and eat at your terminal before you depart as some airlines are currently not offering in-flight meals. We also have a range of grab-and-go deals available to take on board with you.
Flying with Airnorth
Heading from Perth to Kununurra for an outback adventure?
- Find out what you need to know before you fly on the Airnorth website.
- Airnorth is not currently providing their full-service catering option. You are encouraged to carry your own food and drinks for consumption on-board the flights (excluding alcohol).
Flying with Qantas
Are you about to tick a whale shark encounter in Exmouth off your bucket list?
- Qantas’ Fly Well program brings together a number of temporary and existing wellbeing measures to give you peace-of-mind at each point of your journey.
- There are some temporary changes to the food and beverage services on Qantas domestic flights. You are currently able to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages onboard with you.
Flying with Regional Express Airlines (Rex)
Spring is a great time to head South from Perth to Albany and Esperance. Rex has temporary measures in place to protect against the transmission of COVID-19.
- All passengers will be required to wear face masks at check-in, at boarding gates, and whilst on-board the aircraft.
- Face masks are available to purchase from Relay in Terminal 2 (T2).
- An Amcal pop-up store is opening soon in T2 with TRAVELsafe Essentials packs.
Flying with Virgin Australia
Time for a relaxing break in Broome? Virgin Australia has introduced some changes to the customer journey and increased its hygiene practices to minimise risks associated with COVID-19.
- Watch Virgin’s ‘Preparing to Fly’ video here.
- Complimentary water and a snack will be served but other food and drinks will not be available for purchase onboard.
International repatriation services
If you need to get home or have a family emergency overseas, thanks to our airline partners, this is possible with limited international services available.
See who's flying