Legislative compliance and statutory reporting
Ensuring we meet our legal and statutory obligations
Perth Airport is governed by Commonwealth legislation. In the absence of relevant Commonwealth (Cth) legislation, State (WA) legislation may apply. Relevant legislation includes:
- Airports Act 1996 and Airports (Environment Protection) Regulations 1997 (Cth)
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and Regulations 2000 (Cth)
- National Environmental Protection Council Act 1994 (Cth)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage Protection Act 1984 (Cth)
- Bushfires Act 1954 (WA)
- Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (WA)
- Dangerous Goods Act 2004 (WA)
- Dangerous Goods Safety Regulations 2007 (various) (WA)
Perth Airport reports to the Clean Energy Regulator (Federal Government) on our greenhouse emissions and energy consumption annually.
The National Pollutant Inventory (NPI) provides the community, industry and government with free information about substance emissions in Australia. It has emission estimates for 93 toxic substances and the source and location of these emissions.